Are you missing your favorite show? Is your remote not working? But no worries! We can fix it.
There may be several reasons why the Insignia Fire TV remote is not working. We’ve to figure out the problem first.
So, before fixing it, you must know why your remote is not working. Like a doctor who can’t treat a patient without knowing the disease first.
If your Insignia Fire TV remote is not working, check the batteries first. You can reset the TV and the remote if the problem is not solved. You can buy a new remote if none of the solutions is helping.
Also, you can read this article, and you’ll find easy steps to fix your Insignia Fire TV remote.
Let’s get started!
Why your Insignia Fire TV remote is not working?
There are several reasons why your Insignia Fire TV remote is not working. Maybe you broke it by chance. Or your batteries are not working.
There is a high chance of poor signal connection between your TV and the remote. Do check if your remote is paired to your TV or not. You’re in trouble if you expose your remote to water or heat.
Your remote may also need a resetting procedure to work. If the sensor button of your remote is not clean and has dirt particles inside, your remote will not work.
After you know the exact problem, you need to look for better solutions to your remote’s problem. You must follow the steps according to your issue. Let’s move towards the solutions without wasting more time.
1. Dead Batteries
When you’re using used or dead batteries, it’s obvious your Insignis Fire TV remote will not work. Batteries are the source of electric power for a device.
It means batteries are essential components of a device for its proper functioning. It’ll help if you use long-lasting batteries.
If you hate changing batteries again and again, then lithium batteries are perfect. I recommend Eneloope_Brand rechargeable batteries, which last about a year with average use.
What batteries do Insignia Fire TV remote use?
Insignia Fire TV remotes use Insignia AAA batteries. Its alkaline chemistry delivers the most charge for the usage of heavy items such as remote controls.
2. How To Do a Simple Reset?
Before doing any complicated method to reset the remote, we should try an easy technique. It’s not necessary that it’s always going to work, but we’ve to try.
- Turn your remote and open up its back side.
- Take out the batteries.
- Wait for two to three minutes.
- Put the batteries back.
Check your remote by pressing different buttons. If your remote works, you don’t need to look for other methods to fix it.
Moreover, this method won’t take that long. If this doesn’t work, don’t get disheartened. We’ve many other ways to fix Insignia Fire TV remote.
Let’s take a look at them.
3. Manual Reset Of Insignia Fire TV Remote.
Resetting your remote is very easy and favorable to solve your problem. What’s resetting? Resetting means converting the device to this default setting.
Now, we’ll discover how to reset the Insignia Fire TV remote. Follow the steps given below.
- Locate the “Home” button on your remote.
- Hold the button for seconds, and then release the button.
- Now, find the menu button.
- Press it nine times. It’s better to remove the batteries from the remote.
- Unplug your Insignia Fire TV and wait for at least sixty seconds.
- Plug in your tv and put the batteries back into your remote.
- Once the home screen appears, hold the “Home” button.
4. Repair your TV With the remote
There’s a chance that your remote is not paired with your TV. If you’ve already paired it, but it’s not working, you must repair your remote with Insignia Smart TV.
How do I pair my Insignia Fire TV remote?
You need to follow specific steps to do so.
- You’ll find a “Pair” button below the batteries section at the back of the remote.
- Press the button and hold it for a couple of seconds.
- If the above technique doesn’t work, locate and press the “Home” button.
- Hold it for thirty seconds.
- The third method is that you hold the “Back” button, left “Navigation” button, and “Menu” button at the same time for thirty seconds.
5. TV Reset To Factory Default Settings
It’s not always your remote which causes trouble. Your TV also needs a reset. Resetting the TV may solve your problem.
To reset your TV, you need to download Insignia Remote App.
Resetting a TV is like having a brand new TV with factory default settings.
How to reset Insignia smart TV?
Resetting an Insignia Smart TV requires some steps to follow. Take a look at the steps given below.
- Turn On your Insignia Smart TV and press the “Cog” Icon.
- Go to “Settings” and click on “My Fire TV.”
- Locate and click on “Reset to factory default.”
- Click on “Reset.”
Remember that resetting will erase your apps and all your personal information.
6. Fixing the remote sensor
If the Insignia remote is not working, then check your sensor. You must keep your remote sensor clean. It may not work if the dust is inside it.
There are two ways to fix a remote sensor:
- Power cycle Insignia TV.
- Clean your Insignia TVs sensor.
How to power cycle Insignia TV?
It’s effortless to power cycle your insignia smart TV. Power cycling means turning the hardware off and then turning it on again.
We can power cycle the TV by following the given steps.
- Unplug your TV from the Power Source.
- Press the “power” button for one minute.
- Then, release it.
- Now, check your remote if it’s working or not.
How to clean your TV sensor?
If your sensor is full of dirt, then the device won’t be able to catch the signal from other devices. It’s necessary to clean the sensor of the TV once in two weeks. Clean the sensor and then try to connect it to the remote.
Let’s take a look at this video for a better understanding;
7. Contact your manufacturer of the remote.
If none of the techniques helps resolve the problem, it might be a technical issue. If there is a technical issue, it must be handled by a technician or a professional.
It’s better to send it to the manufacturer and ask him to repair it for you. Suppose the device stops working before its warranty date, then its manufacturing default. You can’t fix it.
The manufacturer will fix it for you. There may be an issue with the internal wiring or other technical issues. Only a professional can solve the problem.
8. Buy a new remote
When there is no solution to repair your old Insignia Fire TV remote, then you’ll have to buy a new remote to use. When your remote is useless due to the breakage of internal components, you must purchase a new remote.
Some damages leave little chance for the repair of the remote. For instance, when you expose the device to water or heat, there is little chance of repairing it.
You can buy a new remote from Amazon at a low price.
Can we use third-party remotes?
Yes, we can use third-party remotes, but we’ve to connect to the Insignia Fire TV like the original remote.
- Turn on your TV and Universal Insignia remote.
- Afterward, tap on the “Insignia TV” button for three seconds.
- Point the remote towards the TV.
- Scroll up and down to turn off your device.
- Click the “Insignia TV” button again to save the code.
Let’s look at different Remotes to pair with Insignia Smart TV.
|Serial No||Remote Names||Price||Available At|
|3||Alexa Voice Remote||$151||Amazon|
How to Use Insignia Fire TV without Remote?
You can download and use the Insignia Fire app to navigate the TV without needing to use a remote. You can download the app on Google Play and App Store. However, you do have to use Screen Mirror in order to remotely control your TV using the app.
How to Pair Your Insignia Fire TV Remote?
To pair your remote with your TV, you can go to settings and then choose ‘controllers and Bluetooth devices’. Then select ‘Amazon Fire TV remotes’. Hold the ‘home’ button for 10 seconds to pair your remote.
A remote is an essential device to control your tv. If your remote is not working, you can’t access your TV. In case Insignia Fire TV’s remote is not working, you can follow these procedures:
- You can change your old batteries with new ones.
- Resetting your remote is also a good and reliable option. Resetting changes your device to its factory default settings.
- You can also try resetting your TV.
- If there is no chance for your remote to work, you should buy a new one.
- You can also use third-party remotes.
- How to Recover Deleted Spotify Account?
- How To Fix Netflix Crashing (Easy Fix)
- Liquid Detected in Lightning Connector (Here’s How to Fix It)